Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS, founded in 1980, is a private company owned by its partners and led by its Design Partner Dr Ir Philippe SAMYN. With its affiliated companies FTI (founded in 1985), DAE (founded in 1994) and AirSR (founded in 2003), it is active in all fields of architecture and building engineering.
Philippe Samyn’s architectural and engineering design approach is based on questioning, which can be summarised as a “why” methodology inspired by the client aspiration and the genius loci. The firm approaches projects openly to all sorts of possibilities whilst listening closely to its client demands.
Its projects are often published in the international specialised press and filmed (2971 publications and 211 footages as of 2020-11-30).
The firm’s client services include Planning and Programming, Urban Planning, Landscaping and Architectural Design, Interior Design, Building Physics, MEP and Structural Engineering, Project and Construction Management, Cost and Planning Control, Quantity Surveying, Safety and Health Coordination. It relies also on the staff and abilities of its subsidiaries:
- Structural engineering: performed internally
- MEP engineering: FTI sa
- Fluid Mechanics: AirSR sprl
- Hotel architecture: DAE bvba
Staff members are involved in architectural and professional organisations, as well as academic and R&D activities including teaching, research and development.
Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS srl is an administrator of SECO scrl, Technical Control Bureau for Construction, as well as PLAIN-PIED asbl, a consulting office in the field of accessibility for the disabled.
Among its projects as of 2020-04-21, the firm has built and is currently building or designing over 7 445 767 sqm of development, of which:
- 477 007 sqm stations, terminals, transport and parking, bridges and civil engineering works,
- 280 364 sqm industrial buildings,
- 1 673 066 sqm public facilities, schools and universities, sports and cultural facilities,
- 275 471 sqm research centres and laboratories,
- 2 333 409 sqm office spaces : new,
- 389 116 sqm office spaces : refurbished,
- 98 906 sqm office spaces : interior fit-out, including 64 bank offices,
- 421 137 sqm exhibition and commercial spaces, energy renovation, seminary rooms, auditoriums and performance facilities, museums and cultural centres,
- 653 583 sqm hospital buildings, health centre or veterinary buildings,
- 843 708 sqm residential buildings (hotels, restaurants and guest houses, apartment and housing units, private houses),
On 2020-12-31, the company has a 22,14 equivalent of full time architects and engineers, (of which 8 directing partners), and the group is composed of 51,24 full time equivalents.
The firm’s office space occupies 2 500 sqm with a car park for 30 vehicles on a 31,5 ares plot of land. The offices are equipped with 100 potential workplaces, conference rooms, libraries, a printing centre and a classroom. All projects are designed with Revit since 2016.01.01 and managed on 54 CAD workstations and 11 administrative workstations.
Issued capital (cancelled): 500 000 €. Moreover the company owns fixed assets of a purchasing value of 3 882 635 € which are in perfect condition of use. The annual accounts are certified by the statutory auditors HLB Dupont Koevoets since 1986 and became RSM InterAudit since 2006-04-01.
Capital per damage of 7 374 000 € (2020) by PROTECT (1st rank, architecture and structural engineering) and ARCO (2nd rank, architecture). Posteriority fees paid by anticipation.
The company owns the following certification labels:
ISO 9001: 2015 since 2000-02-14, ISO 14001: 2015 since 2007-12-17, VALIDEO since 2009-06-24, Eco-dynamic company 2* delivered by the Brussels Institute for Environmental Management since 2010-10-05 (nr 2001/048/1; 1* since 2001-12-20).
Partners: Philippe Samyn, Denis Mélotte, Antonio Quiñones, Ghislain André, Johan Van Rompaey, Jacques Ceyssens, Quentin Steyaert, André Charon and Åsa Decorte.
All the records of the company and Philippe Samyn (including 404 models as of 2020-03-31) have been delegated to the State Archives of Belgium and are available for consultation.
Document E21-01-02_GB Issue of 2020-12-31.